I’m a reader. Nakakapagbasa naman ako ng at least isang libro kada taon kaya kahit papaano matatawag ko ang sarili ko na mambabasa. Pero sobrang dalang ko lang magustuhan ang isang libro. Ewan. Depende. Pihikan yata talaga ako. For the record, heto ang top 5 books na gumawa ng malaking impact sa Christian life ko.
- Your Jesus Is Too Safe (Outgrowing A Drive-Thru, Feel Good Savior) by Jared Wilson – Real talk plus humor plus Jesus.
2. Jesus for President (Politics for Ordinary Radicals) by Shaine Claiborne and Chris Haw – The book was a gift from my girflfriend when I was sick last year. Mindblowing revelations of the Gospel and Jesus as a leader.
3. Searching For God Knows What by Donald Miller – I know. Miller is a fundamelist. Sa tingin ko nga parang christian version sya ni Bob Ong sa paraan na magsulat siya. Nagustuhan ko tong libro niya kasi engrossing. As in. Lalo na sa pagkaka-explain niya sa pagiging God ni Jesus.
4. Case for Christ by Lee Strobel – Bias ‘tong isang ‘to kasi I just love the stories of Atheist/Agnostics turned Christian. Haha. Pero ‘yung narrative at extensive research on all facets of investigation proving Jesus is the true Son of God impressed me. Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi might replace this when I finished reading it.
5. 100 Years From Now by Steve Murrell – Simple. Clear. Concise. First missionary book I’ve ever read.
But wait, last week, merong nadagdag sa list ko. Nah, hindi si Steven Furtick, John Ortberg, Max Lucado, Perry Noble, Jerry Bridges, Tullian Tchividjian, Bill Hybels, o Joshua Harris. The unexpected 6th book to influence my life is..
6. Praying God’s Word by Beth Moore – Beth Moore is a gifted writer. Authentic and empowered ng Holy Spirit yung mga books niya kaya nagsisimula pa lang akong basahin siya.
Ikaw? I’d like to hear your top 5 books as well. Comment below and we’ll see. 🙂